GB Scholarship 2024-2025 – Apply For Scholarship
GB Scholarship 2024-2025
The Fully Funded GB Scholarship 2024-2025 is available for students planning to commence their undergraduate degree at Queen’s University Belfast in September 2024.
This award is available to students from England, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands who achieve ABB or above in their A-levels or equivalent qualification(s) acceptable to the University.
There is no application process for GB Scholarship 2024-2025. If you meet the eligibility criteria you will be identified automatically at the point of registration and enrolment on an approved undergraduate degree programme.
GB SCHOLARSHIP 2024-2025 DETAILS
- Level: Undergraduate
- Course: All undergraduate degree programmes (excluding Foundation courses, Medicine and Dentistry)
- Eligible Students: New undergraduate students from England, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands who achieve ABB or above in their A-levels or equivalent qualification(s) acceptable to the University
- Value: £3,000
- No. of awards: Unlimited
- Application Deadline: There is no application process or deadline. If you have met the eligibility criteria you will be identified automatically after enrolment on an approved undergraduate degree programme
GB SCHOLARSHIP VALUE
The University will pay £2,500 towards Queen’s Accommodation (or an alternative contracted provider) in your first year of study.
You will also receive a sum of £500 in your first year of study to support flights and costs associated with moving to Belfast.
In addition to the above, as a resident of Queen’s Accommodation, you will also benefit from the following:
- Safety Team: 24/7
- Wi-Fi of 250Mb included throughout
- Free off-peak Queen’s Sport membership: £0
- Social Events: 400+
- Residential support staff: 100+
READ ALSO: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students
HOW TO APPLY FOR GB SCHOLARSHIP 2024-2025
Candidates do not have to complete an application form to be considered for the GB Scholarship for the 2024-2025 cycle. If you have met the eligibility criteria you will be identified automatically after enrolment on an approved undergraduate degree programme. Successful candidates will be informed of their award via email notification.
The GB Scholarship excludes students applying for:
- Agricultural Technology
- Foundation Programmes
- Queen’s Colleges at Stranmillis and St. Mary’s
GB scholarship is only applicable to 2024 entry students.
Terms and Conditions
- To be eligible, students must be studying a full-time undergraduate degree for the first time at Queen’s University Belfast
- To be eligible, students must achieve a minimum grade of ABB in their A-levels or equivalent qualification(s) acceptable to the University and will solely be based on the final grades published by the awarding bodies at the point of registration and enrolment.
- The scholarship will be available only after enrolment on an approved undergraduate degree programme is complete and the student has chosen to stay in University accommodation (or an alternative contracted provider).
- £2,500 towards Queen’s Accommodation (or alternative contracted provider). It is non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for a monetary value.
- A cash amount of £500 will be paid in the first year of study.
- Students must be from England, Scotland, Wales, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and pay tuition fees of £9,250.
- Students must apply through UCAS and enrol in 2024.
- The Undergraduate award excludes students applying for Foundation Degree courses, Medicine, Dentistry, and Agricultural Technology and to the Queen’s colleges at Stranmillis and St. Mary’s.
- The GB Scholarship excludes students offered a place during UCAS Clearing and Adjustment.
- Queen’s University Belfast, like most comparable Universities and as stated in our Prospectus and Admissions Policy, makes offers in terms of precise grades rather than UCAS tariff points. AS level or EPQ qualifications are not taken into consideration. For example,
- AAC does not equate to ABB for scholarship requirements. For reference, a Distinction* at BTEC equates to an A at A Level and a Distinction equates to a B.
- Undergraduate scholarships are decided by the Scholarship Allocation Panel and all decisions are final. The University will not accept any appeals in respect of the decisions made by the Panel.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility and to seek repayment of any monies already paid by appropriate means.
- A student who withdraws from their programme prior to completion and who is in receipt of an undergraduate award will not normally be requested to repay award payments made up to the point of withdrawal.
Click HERE for more details
OTHER RELATED LINKS: