GMIT Access Scholarships for International Students in Ireland
GMIT Access Scholarships for: – To support students who are from socio-economically or other disadvantaged backgrounds, or those who have faced difficult personal circumstances, the Atlantic Technological University has established the GMIT Access Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
GMIT Access Scholarships for: – This scholarship is worth €5,000 and is offered to EU/EEA member states, Switzerland, or the UK students towards any degree study programme undertaken by them at the Atlantic Technological University. A total of 12 students will be presented with this financial award.
Established on 1st April 2022, Atlantic Technological University is Atlantic Technological University and a joint venture of GMIT, LYIT, and IT Sligo. ATU will provide its students with a transformative university experience, empowering their graduates to fully contribute to the social, economic, and cultural betterment of society.
GMIT Access Scholarships for: – Why choose to study at the Atlantic Technological University? Atlantic Technological University aims to invest in excellent applied learning, teaching, and research environments, reflecting the real needs of businesses, enterprises, and the professions in its region. ATU strives to be a preferred partner for research and an enterprise innovator that attracts, supports, and encourages students and staff from all over the world, enabling them to reach their full potential.
Application Deadline: The deadline for submission of applications forms is Wednesday 15th June 2022.
- University or Organization: Atlantic Technological University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Award: €5,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland.
- Eligible Countries: Students from EU/EEA member states, Switzerland, or the UK are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Desired undergraduate or graduate programme available to apply for at ATU are eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be a new entrants to higher education.
- The applicants must be a citizen of an EU/EEA member state, Switzerland, or the UK.
- The applicants must have taken the Leaving Certificate exams within the last two years.
- The applicants must be current applicants for a GMIT programme through the CAO and satisfy the general and specific criteria for entry.
- The applicants must have a family income under the current threshold for the third-level maintenance grant scheme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply for admission online via the COA portal or via the GMIT application portal. Then, interested candidates must submit a separate scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic reference – to be directly submitted via mail to email@example.com
- Personal statement
- Full financial background for 2021
- A Statement of Liability for 2021 or a Social Welfare Report for 2021
- Admission Requirements: The students must have relevant qualifications and meet the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to meet the English language requirements of the university.
The 12 lucky candidates selected by the Atlantic Technological University will be provided a scholarship of €5,000 each in support of their education costs.