SALMON is considered a healthy meal that consists of low amounts of saturated fat and is a good source of protein.
Cooking salmon in an air fryer makes the meal even healthier.
Can I cook salmon in an air fryer?
You can definitely cook salmon in an air fryer.
This way of cooking is even healthier than the traditional way of frying.
All its nutrients and protein are maintained when cooking salmon in an air fryer.
When compared to oven-baked – which is another healthy way of cooking salmon – using an air fryer is quicker and consumes less energy.
How to cook salmon in an air fryer
Your salmon will be best-cooked seasoned which you can make yourself from ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard.
To cook salmon in an air fryer:
- Mix some salt, pepper, mixed herbs and garlic powder.
- Rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and then roll them in the seasoning.
- Place the fillets in the air fryer.
- Put the air fryer basket in one layer.
- Cook the salmon at 180C for between eight to 10 minutes.
- Make sure that the salmon is cooked through.
- If you have large salmon fillets, they will take longer to cook.
- If you cook the salmon for longer, try to check it every five to 10 minutes.
To serve your salmon, we recommend preparing some roast or boiled vegetables to go with it.
You can even add some grains such as rice.
Can I cook salmon from frozen?
It is possible to cook your salmon in an air fryer from frozen too.
Preheat the air fryer for five minutes at 200C.
Then place the salmon, skin side down, and cook for nine minutes.
After that, season the salmon with olive oil and herbs seasoning and continue to air fry for at least another seven to eight minutes.
Make sure that the salmon is cooked all the way through and if unsure, cook it for a while longer while keeping a close eye on it.