Leakey Foundation Joan Cogswell
Applications are now being accepted for the Joan Cogswell Donner Field School Scholarships in the USA for the academic year 2022/2023. The programme is offered by the Leakey Foundation.
Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in a country with limited academic development resources. This scholarship provides up to $2,000 towards field school tuition for students from countries with limited resources to support training in fieldwork related to human origins research.
The Foundation was originally formed in 1968 to support the work of Dr. Louis S.B. Leakey, a pioneering scientist and a passionate advocate of science outreach. The Leakey Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to funding human origins research and sharing the results of this research through innovative educational programs. The Foundation promotes a multidisciplinary approach to exploring human origins.
Leakey Foundation Joan Cogswell: – Why study at the Leakey Foundation? Leakey Foundation allows the public to learn first-hand about scientific advances. They also provide funding for graduate students from countries with limited academic opportunities to earn advanced degrees in genetics, paleoanthropology, and primatology.
Application Deadline: This scholarship will be awarded year-round. Apply any time.
- University or Organization: Leakey Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or graduate
- Award: Up to $2,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or graduate degree in techniques of archaeology, paleoanthropology, and primatology offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Recipients must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in a country with limited academic development resources. Students from these countries may also be enrolled in a university undergraduate or graduate program outside their home country.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application must be submitted by the director of the field school (Host Sponsor). After that, applicants must submit the documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Field School Scholarship” as a single-page PDF on official letterhead. We will then supply a link to complete the application.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the essay on the following:Leakey Foundation Joan Cogswell
- Please describe the training program for the Donner scholar. This should include what opportunities are there for Donner scholars to engage with international participants.
- Please describe why this student would be a good choice for attending the field school, including current studies, future plans, etc. If you are requesting funds for more than one student, you may include all students in this document.
- What is the total cost of tuition? What does it cover? What are the additional expenses related to attendance of the field school? What are other sources of financial support?
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a previous degree certificate w
- Language Requirement: Students must demonstrate that they have a good written and spoken English level. scholarship
Leakey Foundation Joan Cogswell: – Winners will receive up to $2,000 per student for one field school season per recipient. If field school expenses are less than $2,000 per student, the Foundation will consider increasing the number of awards per school. Funds may be used to cover travel expenses to and from the field school as well as other expenses related to the attendance of a field school. The field school must administer all funds. scholarship
for more news and updates on scholarships and educational updates always check www.geestplug.com