PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle will miss seeing the Queen unless a security row is resolved, it is claimed.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had been expected to visit Her Majesty on a free day when they come to Britain, but sources say it is not anticipated now.
The couple are awaiting decisions over whether they should get taxpayer funded Met Police protection.
They will be visiting Britain next month to attend a youth summit in Manchester and the WellChild Awards for seriously ill children and their families, which Harry was a patron for.
Their schedule currently leaves Wednesday and Thursday free, which may be used for other engagements but a trip to Balmoral to see the Queen is not expected, the Telegraph reported.
Sources told the paper that the couple’s decisions about travel within the UK will depend on if and what security is granted.
They only attended official Royal engagements for the Platinum Jubilee, meaning they had the security at royal estates.
They would not have such security while travelling around the country.
PrinceHarry has argued a private protection team would not have access to enough information to keep his family safe.
And previously he said his family should automatically get permanent security in Britain despite quitting royal life.
He has offered to pay for Met protection but the Home Office’s lawyers said “personal protective security by the police is not available on a privately financed basis” at a hearing.
In July he won the right to challenge the process in court.
The Queen, 96, had planned to return to Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle to appoint the new Prime Minister next month but she is now likely to stay in Scotland due to mobility issues.
The new Prime Minister will make a 1,000-mile round trip to see the Queen at Balmoral for a historic ceremony to seal the transition of power.
It would be the first time in living memory the so-called kissing of the hands happens outside London or Windsor.
Prince Wales has been visiting her daily among the growing concern for her health, The Sun revealed.
Prince Harry and Meghan’s reps were approached for comment.